Accra-Cape Coast highway opened to motorists – NADMO

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
Spread the love

The National Disaster Management Organization has announced that the Accra-Cape Coast highway which caved in on Wednesday, June 5, 2024, has been opened to motorists.

On Wednesday, June 5, 2024, motorists using the Accra-Cape Coast road were left stranded because the Okyereko Bridge over the River Ayensu in the Gomoa East district of the Central Region was overtopped.

The bridge is said to have overtopped because of heavy rains and the fact that the contractor on the road had diverted the River Ayensu.

New routes were announced by the Ghana Highway Authority to aid motorists in their travels on the day.

But speaking to Accra-based Asaase Radio in an interview on Friday, the Gomoa East District director of the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO), Robert Nana Hackman said that roads had been opened to motorists.

He said that after some engineering work had been done on the road, it was opened on Thursday, June 7, 2024.

“Yesterday with the help from the district engineer and the contractor himself, we were able fix the road and it was opened around 9:34 pm.”

“Currently the road diversion has been closed and motorists and passengers plying Kasoa to Winneba, Apam, Mankessim Takoradi Cape Coast can now use the old road,” he said.

READ ALSO  Anas Should Apologize - Kennedy Agyapong Calls for Public Apology

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *